Friday, September 21, 2007

the simple things

It's funny how becoming a parent has made the simplest things into some of the most exciting things. I don't know if it's just getting older (like being excited about getting a coffee maker or a set of pots for christmas) or if it's just the fact that we think our babies are the smartest, cutest, most interesting babies to ever be born ;) for example, since our snappi is MIA I decided I was gonna give our pins a try. I've always been terrified of stabbing O in the stomach or worse, but it was really easy. I can see how with a little practice I could get a really snug fit. I still love my snappi more though and you can bet as soon as I get some paypal I'm order a few spare pairs. even so I was on a little high knowing I had accomplished pinning his pf on and was only slightly dismayed when he got explosive poop all over our beloved interlock soaker *yikes* luckily it washed right out and all is forgotten.

on another note I've decided to give flats a try. I have some cotton fleece that I cut one out of today, all I have to do is serge around it and it's ready to go. And while I was doing that I also cut out a prefold to practice for when I do the bamboo ones, leaving enough to make at least one more fitted. Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on those tomorrow and maybe a fleece pouch while I'm at it.

I've been neglecting my knitting though. I just don't have the drive. I don't know if it's because I think the soaker I'm working on is going to be too small or if it's just that I would rather have more interlock but I'm just not in the mood to knit. I'm wanting to recycle some sweaters into soakers and longies though. I need to get to a thriftstore sometime and pic some up. I've also been researching wool interlock and found what seems like a good source I just need to find out if they'll ship to me up here in the great white north :)

I've been hoping to get an online store up and running by the end of October but I may have to push it back to the middle of November. Either way I'm really looking forward to it, and I'm feeling really inspired.

ok well I could probably go on and on but I should take advantage of the fact that my ds is sleeping and get some sleep of my own.

No comments: