Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Feeling Inspired

lately all I've been wanting to do is make stuff. A couple days ago I made a flat and a prefold out of some cotton fleece I have. I'm still snappiless so I haven't really got to try either of them but my first impressions are that I love the pf but think I'd like flats out of something thinner.

flat diaper (28"x28")

prefold (2x4x2, 15"x15")

then today I went to a thrift store looking for wool sweaters to turn into soakers and longies, I did manage to find a sweater (only one though) and also found wooden knitting needles and the knitting gauge that I've been wanting. I was soooo excited!! even better is that I got it all for $2.75 (the sweater was $2.00) so I felted the sweater up a bit and have started to take it apart, and I have also made up a pattern for the soaker so hopefully I'll whip up that soaker and a pair of longies tomorrow while O is napping.

Also on my list of things to do is embellishing some of our pf's and maybe make a couple pouches and maybe a ringsling. I'd also like to make another fitted diaper and maybe make the outer fabric a print. Oh and now I am totally lusting after this fabric for something for O. I saw someone make the cutest coat out of it and I think a diaper would be adorable out of it as well. I'm on an owl kick right now and love anything that has owls or other "o" thing. I'm also wanting to make a corduroy soft structured carrier but I'll have to hunt for the perfect fabric for that. well I should go get some sleep because I know my ds will be waking me up nice and early tomorrow ;)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

That looks great!!! And that owl fabric is adorable!
Makes me think of a cute pants and a tee set! Pants right out of that fabric, and the tee is with an applique made with one of those owls!