Friday, March 14, 2008

yummy orange cupcake goodness

*sorry for those of you that also read my myspace blog*



I’ve been wanting to post about some yummy cupcakes I made a few weeks ago but I couldn’t find the necessary cables to upload my pics...BUT...today I found them and uploaded about 80 photos to my pc so I thought I’d share with you my yummy orange cupcakes.




I started by whisking 3 eggs + an extra yoke together with milk




then because I didn’t have any vanilla (we’ve just moved and haven’t fully restocked our pantry) I grated the zest of one orange, added it to the egg & milk mixture along with about 2 tsp of fresh orange juice




then I creamed the butter and sugar together in my mixer,then added the flour, (forgetting the baking powder and salt but I didn’t realize that until later)




so I preheated my oven, filled all the cups with batter, and had just slipped them into the oven when I realized that after I had taken a phone call I had forgotten to add the baking powder and salt. In a panic I called my sister but she reassured my they should be ok...




...and boy was she right!!




can you see the little flecks of orange zest? They were soooo yummy


ok here is the recipe if an of you feel inspired


3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs +1 extra yoke
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp fresh squeezed orange juice
the zest of one orange


in a bowl cream together butter and sugar. in a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. in another bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice and zest. next you want to add the flour mixture and the egg mixture to the butter and sugar making sure to start and end with the flour, alternating back and fourth. preheat oven to 350 degrees. line cupcake pan with papers and spoon batter in. now I can’t remember how long these baked for but I believe it was between 20-30 min. just make sure to keep and eye on them and check them with a toothpick. it makes a dozen cupcakes. Happy baking :]

No comments: