Monday, October 8, 2007

i heart babywearing

my son has been going through a particularly trying time right now. He is only napping once a day now, and it is a struggle to get him down, his night sleeping is fretful and restless and in short little intervals all night long....needless to say I'm incredibly sleep deprived with a little boy that is not only fussy and tired all day but he's really testing us right now to figure out his boundaries, he's teething some molars, and I think he is frustrated because he's not really talking a lot yet; he has quite a few words he know and even more he understands but he just can't always express what he wants which leads to fits on his side and lots of hair-pulling on mine ;) anyways I wanted to get out for a walk this evening to work of some of the many turkey dinners I indulged in this weekend (gotta love thanksgiving for that) so I strapped my ds into our mei tai on my back and headed out for a brisk walk around the neighborhood with my mom and about half way through our walk he was out. I managed to get home, get upstairs into his room, get him untied and off my back (with help from my mom) and into bed) all at 7:40 pm!!!!! WOW!!! that is sooooo early for him. I'm hoping he has a good night and stays asleep for me. I'm thinking I may have to make this walk a nightly routine now. Not only will it be nice to get him in bed a little earlier it'll be nice for my waistline too ;)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

sounds just like Freddy..... except he doesn't fall asleep in the carrier anymore... he'd rather mess with my hair if he's on my back, or pinch my nose and poke my eyes when he's in the front...
hopefully it'll get easier for you soon!