Tuesday, August 7, 2007

OK let's give it a whirl!!!

I've started my first soaker!!! HOORAY!! I'm so proud of myself, I even made changes to the pattern like making it a little smaller and using stockinette stitch instead of garter...these are somewhat simple changes but this is my first project to I'm pretty stoked. anyway I'm using a free vintage pattern I found online so it's knitted flat instead of in the round but I was having a hard time finding the right size of circular needles locally and was too impatient to wait so I figure these are my practice and then the next ones I do will be in the round...anyways here is how far I am so far (it's hard to get the time to knit with a busy 1-year-old but hopefully I'll continue to get faster)

(the colour is a much deeper earthier orange then it looks here, it's called Paprika so that gives you an idea)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

awww, Colleen, it looks nice!!! how is it coming along? I can't wait to see it finished!